The purpose of the Porcupine Ski Runners and Snowshoe Club is to encourage and support participation in cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in our community by:
- Promoting cross-country skiing and snowshoeing as part of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Continually developing our cross-country skiing and snowshoe trails and facilities that are accessible to our community inclusive of seniors, youth and the physically and mentally challenged.
- Providing programs that assist members to develop cross-country skiing and snowshoeing skills.
- Hosting social events, clinics, exhibitions, tours and races.
- Supporting youth programs that provide an opportunity for our young skiers to compete and excel in cross country skiing at the regional, provincial, national and international levels.