Timmins Biathlon Club Bears Program
Registration Day: Sunday November 19th, 2017 at Porcupine Ski Runners From 9:00am to 1:00pm
Biathlon Bears Program (Skills Development) – Ages 8– 14
The Biathlon Bears Program is designed as an entry level into the sport of biathlon for children in the Learning to Train stage of development (approximately 8-13 years of age). Participants will learn the parts of the air rifle, safety requirements of the air rifle and on the shooting range, how to shoot and the format for racing.
The objective is for the athlete to become technically competent cross-country skiers and shooters and to utilize those skills to explore a wide range of activities, including starting races at a local level. It also has the following objectives: Participants will learn the parts of the air rifle, safety requirements of the air rifle and on the shooting range, how to shoot and the format for racing; develop fitness through active play, games and activities, Frequent cross-country skiing during the season, have fun and provide an opportunity to be part of a club team.
September 2017 to March 2018 -$256.00 plus PSR membership as below
- Participants MUST also be registered with Porcupine Ski Runners as a member ($60.00/season for students)
- Those interested in ski rental packages for the ski days, MUST pay the rental fees for the jackrabbits program- See Christine Dorion for packages and prices for Porcupine Ski Runners.
- Fee includes:
- Range Training – some Sunday evenings or dates ad hoc
- Skiing and Shooting – Starting December 9th, Saturdays from 11:30 am to 2:00 pm
- All training sessions that the group is registered for coaching by coaches trained in the Sport Specific NCCP (Biathlon Canada and X-Country Canada)
- Participants will become members of Biathlon Canada/Ontario (fees included in the membership)
- Biathlon Ontario/Canada Recreational Athlete – allows an athlete to participate in local training only
- a ticket for the participant in the club’s award banquet (presentation of badges)
Biathlon Development/Racing Programs 2017/2018 Season
- Youth and older (ages 17 and older) – $390.00 plus expenses
- Senior(ages 15-17) - $390.00 plus expenses
- Junior (14 and younger)- $316.00 plus expenses
- Shooting – May Start: Some Sundays at Timmins Gold Nugget Conservation Club; those who qualify may receive wooden target frame for their own training.
- Skiing – November to March: Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm – Porcupine Ski Runners, or coaches discretion; (optional Saturday/Sunday ski pending race/shooting schedule and coach availability);
Fees includes Shooting practices at Timmins Gold Nugget Draper Range if with the coach, you may purchase your own membership at the club for an additional fee; all ski training and wax for club races and out of town races; athletes pay additional expenses including per diem (food) for coach and wax tech support at out of town races; All athletes travelling to out of town races are responsible for own expenses related to gas, food and accommodations and share expenses of coach/wax tech/designated chaperones. Whenever possible, team travels and lodges together to reduce expenses
Biathlon Ontario/Canada Competitive Membership - allows an athlete to participate in any biathlon training/competition across North America
- a ticket for the participant to the end of year club awards banquet
- all sessions for the group registered in
- training plus wax for races, coach support per diem for races
- coaching by coaches trained in the Sport Specific NCCP (Biathlon Canada)
Athletes will be advised by Head coach Angele Caporicci which shooting and ski group they should be training with. Athletes at this level will be provided with a Training Plan to follow. Contact Head Coach Angele Caporicci at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions with the Biathlon Canada Membership or Biathlon Bears Programs.